Rooted in Charleston, South Carolina, Swurfer is the next generation outdoor board sport: handcrafted wooden Swingboards engineered for surfing the air! Each board is one of a kind, and 100% proudly made in the USA.
It all began when our founder Rob shaped a curved piece of wood for his kids to rock on at the beach while they watched him surf. He figured it would help their core balance until they were ready to ride the waves too. Being surrounded by all the majestic oak trees in Charleston, he soon realized (with the help of his wife) how awesome it would be to hang it from a tree and surf the air - bringing together the best of both worlds from swings and board sports.
With its unique patent-pending shape, the Swurfer gives you more power, stability, and a wider range of motion than traditional swings - inspiring people of all ages and abilities to unplug, get out, and hang out!
- Reinvention of the traditional tree swing that allows users of all ages to stand and easily get the sensation of surfing the air.
- Designed and manufactured in Charleston, South Carolina. Each board is made of hard-rock maple and is one of a kind.
- Winner of ASTRA's Toy of the Year Award for 2015 and EdPlay Magazine's Fabulous Award for 2015.
- First-time exhibiting at Toy Fair. Swurfer has been in market for about a year.
- Kids will have the chance to ride a Swurfer at Play Fair.
- Founder (Rob) and his business partner (Matt) met as Peace Corps Volunteers in Ecuador, where they served for two and a half years.
- It's super fun!!!
Images and Video
Link to hi-res images and videos ready to publish:
Matt Ackerman, COO